When you buy a Netgear Nighthawk router for yourself, you do your home network a huge favor. It was launched with single objective in mind; to elevate the experience of accessing internet in a top notch way. Netgear Nighthawk router allowed gamers and people who loved streaming 4K quality movies and videos around the world to access a world of fast internet.
Although its usability is undeniable, the most often raised question had constantly been ‘how to reset netgear router password?’ or ‘how to reboot netgear router from browser?’ Yes the router is a robust and strong device but often people get overwhelmed while trying to access the login page to reset the device or don’t know when is a reset of the device required.
Before we tell you about the reset process, it is important to understand that there will be a few consequences of the same. The fist consequence would be that you would lose all your previously saved settings. This includes SSIDs, passwords and any other preset ones.
Basically your device becomes as it was when you first got it home. Without any pre-saved setting and as new as a shiny penny.
You do have to follow a few steps in order to know the answer to the question ‘how to reset netgear router password?’ If you need any assistance with this, you can simply call us on our toll free number and our router experts will help you resolve the said problem. The problems like netgear nighthawk wont reset can also be solved by us. There are two ways to basically reset the Netgear Nighthawk router via software and via hardware:
How to Reboot Netgear Router from browser:
- Connect to the Netgear Nighthawk router in order to access the Netgear Router login page. To do this, use an Ethernet cable and connect it from the LAN port of the PC to the LAN port of the Netgear device.
- Once you have access to the network, open a web browser and go to the web address http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net. You can also access the IP 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1.
You will be prompted to enter the login credentials for the device.
- Enter the credentials to enter into the default web page of the router. The username will be admin and the password would be password.
- Once you are logged in, go to the advanced option.
- You will locate the option router reboot on this page. Under that, you will find the Reboot button. Press that and wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Allow the device some time while it’s resetting. Once the device is reset, it will be rolled back to default factory settings. If for some reason your Netgear nighthawk wont reset using software method, you might be needed to reset it using the Hard Reset method.
Hardware Method to know how to Reset Netgear Router Password:
- Pick up your Netgear Nighthawk router and turn it around. On the back, you will see a small button hidden in a small cavity. This is the Router Reset button.
- Use a small and sharp object like paper clip or a pin to press this button. Press and hold down the reset button for at least 5 seconds and wait until all lights start flashing.
- Once the lights stop flashing, wait for the router to complete its reboot process. Your router will take a while to reset itself and will reboot. Once the router turns back on, make all the appropriate settings once again. This will require you to begin with setup process again.
Thus with that, you’ll be able to reset your Netgear Nighthawk device with quite some ease. If you still need any sort of an assistant with that, we are just a call away. You can call us on our toll free number and our expert technicians will take care of your issue for you. You can also chat live with us if you’re a little on the timid side. We can remotely handle and resolve all your reboot issues for you.